Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
hardware problem?
06-22-2010, 04:22
hardware problem?
Hi,

I have the well known mobigater unplugged problem. Normally this means the drivers are not properly installed. HoweverI tried everything and even restored the system of the laptop to its original state (it's a brand new sony vaio running windows 7)

can it be that the problem is hardware related and that the mobigater device itself causes the problem?

the drivers for the composite device and UART install fine. Just the driver for the C-media chip does not install.

Any thoughts?
thank you
Rogier
.jpg  screenshot mobigater 22062010.jpg (Size: 212.32 KB / Downloads: 6)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2010, 11:00
RE: hardware problem?
Windows 7 adds own driver for USB sound cards and name it "USB PnP Sound Device".
Open "Device Manager" and on "Sound, video and game controllers" > "USB PnP Sound Device", menu Action > Update Driver Software...
Browse my computer for driver software
Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
[Have Disk...]
Copy manufacturer's files from:
C:\Windows\inf
[OK]
Select C-Media USB ... driver
[Next] ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-23-2010, 14:07
thank you for your answer. did you look at my screendump attached to the previous post? the USB PnP driver has installed just fine. But Mobigater is still unplugged. In the screendump you see that the C-Media driver tried to install, but was unsuccesful.

Can it be that Mobigater hardware is broken? What are the other options? I did a complete Win 7 re-install yesterday, and still, can't install the driver.

Thank you
Rogier

[quote='MobiGater' pid='786' dateline='1277272826']
Windows 7 adds own driver for USB sound cards and name it "USB PnP Sound Device".
06-23-2010, 16:13
Please, read previous post carefully and follow step by step how to Update drvice from "USB PnP Sound Device" to "C-Media USB ..."
06-29-2010, 03:34 (This post was last modified: 06-29-2010 03:35 by rogierh.)
OK, I did a complete reinstall of Windows 7, installed MGdrivers.exe, connected Mobigater and indeed it installed the USB PnP Sound Device. I tried to update it to C-Media USB driver (and pointed to /windows/inf), and get the error message "windows can't find the file specified".

Please note that Mobigater always worked fine connected to this particular PC.
Can this be a hardware issue? What if I buy a new mobigater?

Thanks
Rogier
06-29-2010, 11:40
(06-29-2010 03:34)rogierh Wrote:  OK, I did a complete reinstall of Windows 7, installed MGdrivers.exe, connected Mobigater and indeed it installed the USB PnP Sound Device. I tried to update it to C-Media USB driver (and pointed to /windows/inf), and get the error message "windows can't find the file specified".

Please note that Mobigater always worked fine connected to this particular PC.
Can this be a hardware issue? What if I buy a new mobigater?

Thanks
Rogier

Connect device to other PC.
06-29-2010, 15:25
I'll do what you suggest, thanks for your help. However my question is if this could be a Mobigater hardware issue. I posted that question three times now. Do you have any experience with faulty hardware or has that not happened before? Thanks Rogier
06-30-2010, 16:05
(06-29-2010 15:25)rogierh Wrote:  I'll do what you suggest, thanks for your help. However my question is if this could be a Mobigater hardware issue. I posted that question three times now. Do you have any experience with faulty hardware or has that not happened before? Thanks Rogier

No, we have no such hardware problem with sound card.
07-11-2010, 17:41 (This post was last modified: 07-11-2010 20:10 by rogierh.)
thank you.

I can now confirm that the mobigater hardware does work OK when connected to another computer running XP. However I can still not connect it to the Vaio laptop running Win 7, see previous screen shots and the new screenshots attached here.

As you can see, windows 7 responds the .inf file is no good and missing an entry. Can you please advice? when do you plan to have an updated Win 7 driver?

How do I proceed now to fix this? thank you, Rogier

Attached File(s)
.jpg  screenshot_mobigater.jpg (Size: 229.59 KB / Downloads: 5)
07-12-2010, 11:15
MG drivers are same for all 32bit Windows versions XP, 2003, Vista and 7.